Another rabbit in the oven
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
First we wash the rabbit and portion it, then we prepare the marinade and leave it overnight in the created marinade. The next day we throw the marinade, rinse the bunny well and dab it with absorbent wipes to remove excess fluid.
We cut the bacon into strips and fry it in very little oil because it will leave its aroma, we add a little smoked paprika, after the bacon has become crispy we take it out and we will fry the portioned rabbit pieces in it, after they have been wiped well of the excess liquid (they can also be passed through flour if desired, I did not pass them). After frying, the pieces of meat are removed and left to wait.
Separately in another pan a little butter and oil put the chives and baby carrots, after they are sautéed add the leeks. We take a tray in which we add the sautéed vegetables, the garlic head cut in half and over the vegetables we add the rabbit pieces, the fried bacon and the spices. Add red wine and oil, if it decreases, add water (vegetable soup). The oven was preheated, cover the tray with aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 50 minutes at 180 degrees, the first 30 minutes with the tray covered with foil and then remove the foil and let it brown.
During this time we can start preparing the couscous as follows. We prepare a pan in which we put water and salt when it boils, we will add the couscous and we will boil it according to the indications after the package, I left it for about 6 minutes after the water boils.
It is removed and left to stand, during this time the apricots and raisins were soaked in a little water, because it is an oriental couscous, if it were not this way they would be soaked in cognac. After the apricots have softened, cut them into thin strips. Roast the hazelnuts in a pan without oil. We move on to the final assembly over the cous-cous, add the rest of the ingredients, salt, pepper, finely chop the mint, add the pomegranate seeds, add the pomegranate reduction and a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
After the rabbit is ready, we take some of the vegetables from the respective tray and we will care for them to result in a dressing, if we need to add a little more red wine, we will match the taste.
Arrange as in the pictures, decorating with chilly flakes and pomegranate reduction.
Method of preparation
1. Place the cleaned rabbit in a pot. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves. Add sliced garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Add white wine and vinegar. Fill with water until the rabbit is covered. Put the pot in the fridge and marinate for 24 hours.
2. After marinating for 24 hours, the meat is taken and scalded. The marinade and vegetables are discarded. Then place the meat in an oven tray. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves. Sprinkle the meat with garlic. Cut the carrots into rounds and add to the pan. Add the wine, tomato juice and a glass of water. Sprinkle olive oil on the meat. Put the tray in the oven (190-200 degrees, about 1 hour / 1 hour and a half). From time to time, cover the rabbit with liquid from the tray, so that it does not dry out.
It can be served with natural potatoes with fresh parsley and a cabbage salad or lettuce with radishes and green onions.
Baked rabbit steak recipe in beer
a rabbit of about 1.2 kg
five to six cloves of garlic
100 grams of butter
four to five tablespoons of olive oil
750 grams of blond beer
salt, pepper, oregano, ground rosemary
- Preparation for the rabbit steak recipe in the oven in beer
- We cut the rabbit meat, wash it and dry it with a paper towel.
- Cut the butter into pieces and put it in the pan.
- Add two tablespoons of oil over it and then put the pieces of rabbit meat.
- We clean the garlic and put it in the tray from place to place.
- Combine the spices and sprinkle them over the meat in the pan and then pour over it and the rest of the olive oil.
- Put the tray on the stove and fry the meat until it turns white. After it has turned white on one side, turn it on the other side and let it cook for a few minutes until it changes color.
- We pour the beer into the tray and when it starts to make small bubbles (when it starts to boil) we take the tray off the heat and put it in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 1 hour and a half.
- Meanwhile, while the meat is in the oven, peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes of the right size.
- After 50 minutes, take the tray out of the oven and add the chopped potatoes. Put the tray back in the oven for another 35-40 minutes. We try the meat and if it is cooked we take the tray out of the oven and ready, we can serve the rabbit steak in the oven in beer with our delicious potato garnish.
Have a good appetite!
Baked rabbit steak in wine (click here for recipe)
Baked rabbit with tomato and olive sauce(click here for recipe)
Duck breast with Mexican vegetables (click here for recipe)
RABBIT AND OVEN POTATOES
Hello dear ones. I offer you a recipe with rabbit and baked potatoes. It is an extraordinary and delicious recipe. This rabbit was brought to me from the North of Moldova. It was given to me by a father's nephew. The rabbit came out so juicy and soft that it took off on its own. It is the only good food to be served in the family and not only. I wish you a beautiful day and good appetite.
- A rabbit of about 2 kg.
- 1 kg. & # 8211 potatoes (small to medium size)
- 1 carrot (large size)
- 2 onions (medium)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 tomatoes (about 500 gr.)
- 100 ml. & # 8211 white table wine
- 500-600 ml. & # 8211 Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 fresh sprigs of rosemary (or dried)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Salt and black pepper
- Sunflower oil
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Total time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Method of preparation:
- Season the rabbit with salt and black pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat, add oil and brown the rabbit on both sides. Remove the rabbit from the pan and place it directly in the baking tray.
- Cut the onion into cubes and place it in the pan in which you fried the rabbit earlier. Saute the onion for about 5 minutes, adding a little salt and black pepper, then add it to the baking tray over the rabbit.
- Cut the tomatoes and carrot into cubes, then place them on the entire surface of the tray.
- Peel a squash, grate it and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices and also put them in the pan together with the rosemary and thyme.
- Pour the broth over the rabbit and vegetables, cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Place the tray in the oven heated to 170 degrees C for 2 and a half hours.
- After 2 and a half hours, remove the tray from the oven, pour the wine on top, then put it in the oven for another half hour.
- If you do not have fresh vegetable soup, add a concentrated cube of vegetable or chicken soup to 1 liter of water.
- If you do not have fresh tomatoes, you can use canned tomatoes.
- In case you are not a wine lover, simply exclude it.
If you are preparing this recipe, don't forget to take a photo of it and use the hashtag #valeriesfood
The rabbit will be mounted in the form of a motorcycle, and the pigeon and the quail will be the passengers. Cut the rabbit meat every 3 cm, on the spine in the area of the muscle and in the thigh. A clove of garlic, an olive and a pork ham are stuck in each notch. By baking, the ears will dry too hard and to avoid this, you can stick a carrot in each ear and then cover with aluminum foil. Tie the back and front legs with wire (the front legs are attached to the neck). Then bend completely and tie your head to the back and rub with salt. Put everything in the pan. Add salt, pepper, chopped garlic, water, a few bay leaves and red wine. Next to the rabbit, put the future passengers that you rub before with a little salt. Attach the outstretched ends as far apart as possible and the wings slightly away from the body. After mounting everything, put the tray in the oven for two hours. Meanwhile, prepare the wheels from the pumpkin slices, the spokes from the eggplant strips, the jack. Once the rabbit is ready, remove the wires and mount the wheels, turn signals and all the & # 8220 ingredients & # 8221 of the motorcycle. Good appetite!
Another rabbit in the oven - Recipes
A recipe from The Country of Cuisine
by Alice Ciobanu
Simplicity is the safest and best way to success. That's what I would say when it comes to good and tasty food. Simple ingredients, available to anyone, relatively short cooking time and most importantly a drop of love and family together. That would be the recipe for success for any dish. That's what happened the other day, when I took a package of rabbit legs out of the freezer. Miruna said she wants steak and baked potatoes, so I had to comply. So the rabbit's legs ended up in a baking tray, greased with a few spices, a few golden potatoes next to it and some sauerkraut. Prepared in this way, even the most capricious children will like a & # 8222 chicken & # 8221 steak that is not chicken, because that's how we trick Miruna to eat rabbit meat. Homemade rabbit meat is delicious, it is safe, it has such a beautiful color (white-pink) and it has the lowest level of cholesterol, saturated fats, calories and sodium. It is a very tender meat and is easy to digest, being recommended for people with digestive problems. So, you have every reason to eat rabbit meat. And baked rabbit steak is an ever-winning choice.
Ingredients for the Baked Rabbit Steak recipe
- 4 rabbit legs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- pink salt
- a few peppercorns
- 1 thread of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 100 ml drink
Preparation method for the Rabbit Steak in the oven recipe
In a mortar mix turmeric, salt, peppercorns and sunflower oil. Stack everything and grease the rabbit pieces with the obtained paste. Let them sit like this in a covered bowl for an hour or if you have how to use the special maceration box from Food Saver. It is ideal and so easy to use.
Anyway, no matter what and how, after the rabbit meat has & # 8222tasted & # 8221 a little enough to cover the flavors, transfer them to a heat-resistant tray. Add the beer, a cup of water, sliced garlic and thyme.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 180 degrees for 2 hours.
Then leave the foil on top for about 10 minutes to get a light crust and a beautiful color.
Then make some baked potatoes, which you brown for about 30 minutes, next to the tray with rabbit steak.
And if you also have a piece of sauerkraut, like for summer, that is, pickled quickly, possibly in bell peppers, you will definitely have a good meal.
To be up to date with all the recipes and stories from Tara Bucatelor, don't forget to Like the FB Page and subscribe to the Youtube channel.
Sharing is Caring! If you liked this recipe, share the article with your friends on Facebook. Thank you!
Wash the rabbit meat well and leave it to marinate overnight in a bowl in which I put 1 liter of water, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, 2 bay leaves, a chopped onion, a sliced carrot, a root small celery and 5-6 cloves of garlic.
The next day we take the meat out of the marinade and strain the vegetables that have also been marinated together with the rabbit meat.
We prepare a sauce of 200 gr. broth, salt, pepper, chopped parsley and 200 ml of white wine.
Grease an oven dish with oil, place the rabbit pieces, put the marinated vegetables and olives, and pour the broth sauce on top. Add the rest of the wine and bake for about an hour.
For the rice piling with which we will serve the rabbit, heat in a little oil an onion, a grated or finely chopped carrot and a red fat pepper. Put 200 g of rice in 600 ml of water, season with salt and pepper and leave it on the fire, taking care to mix it from time to time so that it doesn't stick.
Baked rabbit in tagine with couscous
Baked rabbit in tagine with couscous. Juicy and brown rabbit steak. It can also be prepared in a Romanian ceramic dish. Rabbit meat is very fine but also very lean. Especially if it's a wild rabbit, & # 8222atlet & # 8221. Homemade ones are much more tender and easier to cook. However, there is a risk, in both cases, that the cooked rabbit will be dry, hot or bland. In many recipes it is indicated to wrap the pieces of meat in slices of bacon or kaiser (bacon) or to grease them with olive oil or butter.
Having no skin (like chicken) the risk is that a dry layer will form on the outside of the meat (this for steaks).
If the rabbit is cooked in a saucepan, stew-type, with sauce, this risk is zero, but another problem arises: when is it penetrated? Didn't I cook it too much? No one wants to eat whitish pieces of dry meat floating in a sauce. I kept studying the problem and decided to mix the two techniques: browning and braising.
It turned out very well! I could easily call this recipe & # 8222 Rabbit Steak & # 8221 because that was it. For cooking in sauce I chose a ceramic dish with a lid (tajine) but I'm sure it comes out the same in any other pan with thicker walls or in another ceramic dish (like a Roman pot).
My tajine is not exactly what it should be & # 8230 say this with disappointment. I bought it online and only when I unpacked it did I see the label with & # 8222restrictions & # 8221 stuck on it. If it was a Chinese product, an imitation, I would have said & # 8230OK. Dare is made in the UK and I had completely different expectations. In short, my tagine is NOT allowed to be put on an open fire, on the stove. Can only be used in the oven. Doh! Why do you call him tagine? Because it has a specific shape? The classic Moroccan tajine is intended for cooking on an open fire, hot coals (well, placed on a support above them). It is clear that the ceramics of the original tajines are very resistant.
Instead of tagine you can bake this rabbit in an oven Roman ceramic vessel.
What can I say now? The heat that cooks food from tagine can also come from the oven, even more homogeneously distributed. Chichita with a frustoconical lid (tuguiat) looks at the accumulation and condensation of steam in the vessel and its transformation into water drops that actually drain back directly onto the food, always keeping it moist.
The garnish was a simple couscous with olive oil, green parsley and lemon & # 8211 see here.
With a bent heart I set about preparing a 1.2 kg rabbit. Whatever it is! This rabbit baked in tagine was very good!
Rabbit raised in the yard, prepared in the oven
If you are lucky enough to find a pet rabbit in the market or to receive it from a breeding friend, do not hesitate to buy it. I received it from my mother, who received it from a sister of mine, who received it directly from the source (rabbit breeder) !!
As it is not something you can buy when you want, there are no criteria for choosing. However, if you can choose, look for a stuffed / beaten rabbit (small in length, but chubby), with white to pink flesh, with a little more fat on it, at about 2-3 Kg.
- 1 bigger rabbit with some fat inside,
- olive oil,
- spices (peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, rosemary sprigs,
- coarse salt,
- dry white wine.
Cooked well, the domestic rabbit is much tastier than the hare. It is not tangy, it is not bland, it has the flavor of the field and the grass, but also the taste of quality meat, being fed with corn or wheat.
If it is frozen, let it thaw on its own, from evening to morning. Wash it well with cold water, take the skins off the meat, clean it well inside. Wipe it with a dry cloth.
Grease the rabbit with a little olive oil, add salt, pepper, thyme (to taste) and massage the meat well. Put it in a stainless steel tray or in an enameled tray or in a heat-resistant clay tray, which you greased with a little oil, on some wooden sticks, so that the meat does not stick to the tray. Add 2 bay leaves, peppercorns, mustard seeds, rosemary sprigs and 3 cloves of uncleaned / peeled garlic.
Step by step recipe
- Removing traces of down from the meat, washing the rabbit with cold / warm water, dabbing with absorbent paper / wiping with a dry cloth.
- Massage whole rabbit with olive oil and place in a baking tray.
- Add to the pan spices, garlic cloves. Season the rabbit with coarse salt.
- Insert the tray in the stove oven, first over high heat until the meat turns a light copper color and then until cooked to the right heat. Add dry, white wine to the baking tray when fat begins to accumulate in the pan. During baking, the rabbit is sprinkled with the sauce from the pan.
- Serve rabbit with fresh vegetables and / or with mustard and warm bread (for soaking in the delicious sauce) or with a garnish of sauerkraut.
Put the tray in the hot oven and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, then adjust the heat to make the rabbit leisurely, about 2 & # 8211 3 hours. Don't go to the TV, sit around. Make sure it doesn't burn (if the fire is too big), grease the rabbit with sauce, turn it over, being careful not to break it or sprinkle it with sauce that reddens the skin.
When the meat catches some brownness on both sides (about when you reduce the heat), add a glass of white wine and a glass of brandy / brandy if you have it, carefully pouring over the meat. Alcohol fumes will come out, which can make you dizzy easily. But what does it matter? Deserve.
The steak is ready when the meat is white & slightly brown, the fork enters the rabbit's pulp easily and the sauce is left lying on the bottom of the tray (the alcohol has completely evaporated).
Be careful where you are with your nose, the smells can knock you down and you can't resist until you sit down at the table with your loved ones.
The steak is served hot, with mashed potatoes, over which you put the remaining sauce.
Rabbit steak can also be served with pickled cabbage garnish.
Go for a glass of house wine from figs, which is strong, semi-dry.
It is not mandatory to serve fresh vegetables ! For the rabbit served without garnish, fresh or pan-fried vegetables in a little butter are suitable. Cucumbers and donuts in vinegar should not be missing, especially if the rabbit is served with sauerkraut. Look for some sour pickles in the pantry, it can't be something from last year, if this year's ones weren't made.
Don't forget to put on your kitchen gloves when handling the tray, otherwise you might get burned and your steak won't calm down.
Good appetite you gourmet brothers and you gourmet brothers from everywhere, wherever you are in the world! Do not avoid rabbit meat. It can be found in the market in autumn, knowing that the slaughter of domestic rabbits is done in October-November if you want to use fur, after ripening, in different garments. Well prepared, the rabbit steak is a real delicacy.