For this recipe I used a double portion of ingredients because I wanted the cake to be higher.
- 150 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 350 g flour
- 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
- 1 baking powder
- For the glaze
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- For decoration
- roasted walnuts
- biscuits (I used digestive biscuits)
Preparation time: less than 90 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Glazed cake:
The soft butter (at room temperature) is mixed with the sugar and beat well. Melt the chocolate in a water bath and then incorporate it into the butter cream. Mix well and then add the eggs, vanilla sugar and flour that I mixed with Bake the powder. We cover a round shape with baking paper, pour the above composition into it and put it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes (depending on the oven). We do the toothpick test, thus checking if the cake is well made. oven and let cool.
For the glaze: In a saucepan put the ingredients for the icing and put on low heat. Stir continuously and leave until it thickens. Let the icing cool a little then pour it over the counter, level it and let it cool, until it hardens. Garnish with crushed roasted walnuts mixed with crushed biscuits.
Quick cake with rum and chocolate
Quick cake with rum and chocolate & # 8211 a fluffy and very chocolatey top, a generous icing with rum and chocolate. This one black with rum and walnut it can be cut with shapes of a semicircle, crescent, stars or squares.
I did this quick cake with rum and chocolate on the occasion of a charitable action in Arad. I was again challenged to attend the event entitled & # 8222Sweet Charity Exchanges & # 8221. It is the 4th year in which I actively participate in this event, which is in its 5th edition, in the last two editions I have already participated in the form & # 8222Savori Urbane & # 8221. We are honored to be present at this event again this year.
The purpose of the event is to raise funds for children from disadvantaged backgrounds and children diagnosed with autism from the Center for Counseling and Specialized Assistance for people with ASD Arad.
& # 8222Because our love and help must be able to accept differences, shortcomings, weaknesses and make us share smiles & # 8221!
So we set to work and prepared goodies with a taste of Christmas and charity. I made this cake with rum and chocolate and glazed gingerbread from childhood.
This week we also participated in a special event, together with our friends from the Integra Association, entitled & # 8222Art as a puzzle & # 8221. Among other things, the paintings made by children and adults with Down syndrome from the Integra association were exhibited, under the careful guidance of Mrs. Ondina Turturica.
Because I really liked these paintings, I chose three to include in our recipes as a background. Thank you Integra for this opportunity!
From the ingredients below I obtained a tray of 24 x 36 cm (approx. 24 pieces of cake)
Ingredients fasting glazed cake with vegetable cream
1 cup soda (or mineral water)
1 cup coffee vegetable oil
0.500 g of fresh vegetable HULALA
2 sachets of vanilla sugar
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
How to beat vegetable cream HULALA
In a plastic bowl we put the Hulala whipped cream together with the powdered caster sugar, the vanilla sugar and we mix at the beginning at a low stage so that the ingredients do not spread, then we increase the speed.
The liquid cream will mix as much as it will harden and stick to the mixer blade (no more because it will be cheese).
It will be refrigerated until use.
For the syrup
Candy in a calendar box
Chocolate fruit bouquet
Box of 4 chocolate hearts
How to make syrup for icing fasting cake
In a kettle we put water, caster sugar, vanilla sugar to heat (as long as the sugar will melt).
Add the orange peel (but keep it as long as the kettle is on the fire, then remove it so as not to give a bitter taste to the syrup).
To syrup the cake, the syrup must be warm.
For the chocolate icing
100 g dark chocolate tablet (or household)
100 g Hulala vegetable cream
All these ingredients for the chocolate icing will be put on the fire in a kettle, mixing with a spatula until the chocolate melts well.
Pour over the warm cake, then cool in the refrigerator to harden the icing.
Ingredients Glazed gingerbread
- 150 grams of butter with 82% fat
- 150 grams of brown sugar (white sugar can also be used, but gingerbread will have a lighter color)
- 200 grams of bee honey
- 1 whole egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon (10 grams) baking soda
- 450 grams of flour + flour for sprinkling the worktop
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or, failing that, 1 sachet of vanilla sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon allspice powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 8 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
Preparation Glazed gingerbread - the dough
1. Finely grind the cloves and cardamom or grind with a machine.
2. Add all the spices ground over the flour (450 grams), followed by those that were already powdered: cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
3. The bee honey is weighed in a large bowl, the one in which the dough will be worked. Add soft butter and sugar over the honey.
4. Mix everything in the bowl with the mixer for 5 minutes. Then add the whole egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing until the egg is incorporated. Be careful, at this stage it is possible for the butter to separate, it doesn't matter, the gingerbread will do just as well! This usually happens if the egg is too cold.
5. Over the mixture with butter and honey from the bowl, add the flour with the spices, in 3 slices. At the beginning we will incorporate the dry ingredients mixing with a wooden spoon or a solid spatula.
6. After the third slice of flour, we will have to start kneading. The dough does not knead much, only 1-2 minutes, to homogenize the gingerbread dough. If we were to knead more than necessary, the gluten network would develop, which we do not need in this case, because we do not make bread. The consequence would be a dough that would lose its tenderness, with a bread-like consistency and quite strong.
7. Sprinkle the work surface with flour, turn the gingerbread out of the bowl and shape it round, then flatten it and wrap it in cling film.
8. The well-packaged dough is refrigerated for a minimum of 8 hours, a maximum of 72 hours. So, it's one of the things you can do in advance when you have a lot of work on your mind.
Preparation Glazed gingerbread - modeling and baking
9. After the rest time has elapsed, remove the gingerbread from the refrigerator. Leave it at room temperature for about 30 minutes, until it becomes easily moldable. Meanwhile, turn on the oven and heat to 175 ° C.
10. Break pieces of dough as even as possible and shape into balls with a diameter of about 4 cm. They are placed in trays covered with baking paper, with a distance between them, because they widen when baked. Enter about 24-25 pieces, placed easily, in the oven tray of 42 & # 21535 cm. Depending on the size of the trays used, 2 or 3 trays may come out. However, baking goes very fast, it won't take long.
11. Bake the gingerbread trays one at a time, at a medium height, for 13-15 minutes, until they get a golden tint and the edges lightly color.
12. Immediately after baking, the gingerbread will be very fragile, so we need to let it cool well in the pan.
Preparation of glazed gingerbread - egg white icing & # 8211 royal icing & # 8211 and gingerbread icing
13. Put the raw egg white in a very clean, well-degreased bowl. I recommend wiping the bowl well inside with lemon juice, it will degrease perfectly. Beat the egg whites with the mixer until a thick foam forms. Add the powdered sugar, gradually, while mixing continuously at medium speed.
14. After all the powdered sugar has been incorporated, we will add the lemon juice over the mixture in the bowl. We will continue to mix the composition, at high speed, for about 5-6 minutes.
15. Initially, the appearance and consistency of the composition in the bowl is one of thick cream. We will mix until it increases a lot in volume and hardens very much, forming firm ridges on the surface. Immediately, because this icing hardens quickly, we will move on to icing baked and cooled cookies.
16. For glazing, simply soak the domed part of each piece of gingerbread in the royal icing, gently shake off the excess glaze and place, with the glaze up, back in the trays.
17. Obviously, now you can cram as many pieces of icing gingerbread into a tray as they no longer grow. However, it is good not to touch the glazed parts of each other, because they can stick together. Allow to dry in a cool place (in the pantry).
Storage Glazed gingerbread
Glazed gingerbread can be stored for 2-3 weeks, in tightly closed boxes, in a cool place (pantry). During this time, he is sure that he will not change his qualities at all. Moreover, they will harden immediately after baking, but as time goes on they will become more and more tender. The gingerbread is perfect to be offered as a gift, packaged in a beautiful package, because it is very tasty and keeps so well. Last but not least, it's a nice feeling to know that you have a box of delicacies from which you can taste something good, along with coffee or a cup of tea.